To foster closer collaboration in the continued development of the CMOU, the Chairman of the CMOU, Mr. Dwight C.R. Gardiner of Antigua and Baubuda, has initiated a programme of visiting the Member States of the CMOU. On January 19, 2010, Mr. Gardiner made his initial stop in Jamaica to meet with the Secretariat as well as the Maritime Authority of Jamaica. His discussions with the Secretariat included the following areas:
- 2nd Annual PSC Seminar scheduled for April 20-22, 2010;
- Work Programme for 2010;
- Performance Review of the Secretary and the Administrative Assistant; and
- CPSCC Annual Meeting scheduled for July 27-31, 2010 in Curacao.
The Chairman then took the opportunity to visit Trinidad on January 21, 2010 where he visited with the Chairperson of the Finance and Administrative Standing Work Group (FASWG), Ms. Beverly Phillip to discuss the areas being considered by the Sub-Committee. In addition, Mr. Gardiner met with Mr. Colin Young, RMA of the IMO and spoke on matters of further cooperation for the CMOU and the IMO.
The Secretariat will be contacting the Member States in the near future to make arrangements for the continued visits of the Chairman. The next such stop is scheduled for the Bahamas followed by Belize and the Cayman Islands in February 2010.
- Full Membership of Caribbean Memorandum of Understanding Discussed
- Caribbean MOU on PSC will hold a CIC on Crew Familiarisation for Enclosed Space Entry
- THE CARIBBEAN MOU ACCEPTS ITS FIRST ASSOCIATE MEMBER DURING ITS 18th MEETING
- THE CARIBBEAN MOU ON PORT STATE CONTROL SIGNS THE HOST STATE AGREEMENT WITH THE GOVERNMENT OF JAMAICA